Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Yesterday I made homemade apple pie (for the fourth time this fall...hubby's favorite) and I thought I would share the recipe with you. It must be good if he keeps requesting more :)


Ingredients:

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apple (8 medium)
2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine (if desired)

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Stir in apples. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over apples. Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2-3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.

3. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool on wire rack at least 2 hours.


This recipe comes from my Betty Crocker Bridal Edition Cookbook that I got for my wedding. I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you make a pie from it!!

"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.  Coincidence?  I think not!"  ~Author Unknown

~Shannon

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...