Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bring on the Christmas music!

     This is what I woke up to on Saturday morning! It was so beautiful. The first official snow fall in MN. We ended up getting about 8 inches that day and got a little more the next day. I love the first snow but it is never this much. Usually a dusting at most so this was a great surprise. My daughter couldn't wait to get her new coat, mittens, hat & boots on to go out and shovel with Daddy! She has been talking about shoveling for weeks now and we didn't have any snow but that is not the case anymore. She definetly slept good that night!!!

     The craftshow is 4 days away! I feel like it was never going to get here and now mom and I are in panic mode sewing away. We both tend to work better under pressure anyway so that is good for us. We did a "pre-setup" at her house last Friday night to see how we could best use our 10x6 space and figure out how to lay it all out. We went on a house hunt for different shaped and sized baskets and bins to display our things in. My sister came over and helped too and we had a lot of fun!! I really hope we do well at it because it would be a fun thing to do with my mom every year. I have heard that a successful craftshow is making 10x the amount of the entry fee. Well....it was $75 to enter....no pressure. LOL!


     My vacation was wonderful! It wasn't quite as relaxing as I had hoped but still lots of fun! We went to Gooseberry Falls and saw the waterfalls and walked the park, went swimming at the resort & relaxed and watched movies by the fireplace in our room. My daughter turned into a little fish in the pool and couldn't get her out. My son was so relaxed in the pool (it was his first time) he fell asleep!! I was holding him face to face in front of me walking in the shallow end and he just leaned back against the head rest of his life jacket and he slept for a half an hour. Here I was thinking he would scream when I put him in the water and he didn't make a peep. He is so funny.

     I baked homemade chocolate cupcakes and vanilla buttercream frosting this past weekend for a chili cook-off with my family so I will post that recipe and pics of my cupcakes soon!!

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home."  ~Edith Sitwell

~Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't resist that avatar! Had to drop by. Hope that the show goes well and that you make 10 x what you paid! Wow... look at that snow. It's still summer over here in Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! In a few months when it gets really cold I will have you send some summer my way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...