Friday, November 5, 2010

Two days til vacation mode!

So I am at my mom & dad's house (we come over here every Friday night) and we are actually sewing!!! We always make this big plan to get all of this sewing done and be really productive and I would say one out of four night we actually are. Luckily, this was one of them! We are two weeks away now from a craftshow we are in and we are realizing we still have a lot to get done.

Tonight my mom is working on fabric coasters and I am working on baby shoes. The shoes are turning out super cute and I am really excited about them!! I will be adding them to my Etsy shop soon. I have some done but I might wait until after the craftshow is over to list them so I can bring the ones I have done there and not have to frantically make more.

Tomorrow I will spend part of my day packing the family's bags because we are heading up north to Duluth for 3 days!! This will be our 8th time up there. My husband brought me there for our 1 year dating anniversary and we loved the place we stayed so much that we go back every year. We even stay in the same room every time. It is on the top floor at the very end so it's very quiet and peaceful. There is usually 5 or less other couples that are there at the same time since it's during the week and off peak season. My daughter loves it because there is never anyone in the pool, we have the whole thing to ourselves.

I can't believe that it started with our 1 year anniversary and now, 8 years later, we are still celebrating there married for 4 years and 2 beautiful children. I hope we are able to go up there every year still to come and keep it a tradition for our kids as well. I am hoping for snow (I do every year) because there is nothing more beautiful than waking up in the morning watching it snow over Lake Superior. It is supposed to be a warmer week ahead so snow probably won't happen but I will still hope for it :)

"For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."   ~Rosemonde Gerard

~Shannon

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...